Friday 12 February 2010

Puritan shopper


I had to shop for ingredients for a food photoshoot on Monday and bumped into a time traveller in Sainsbury's cleaning products aisle. I only had my phone camera with me to record the apparition. Stupidly I could only think to ask him if there was an event nearby, a possible historical re-enactment of the Battle of Finsbury Park or the departure of the Pilgrim Fathers for New England, so his reply that no, he dressed like that every day, may have been heavily ironic. I saw him again at the checkout where his trolley was overflowing - he may have been stocking up for the Mayflower's voyage across the Atlantic, though I thought time travellers couldn't take anything with them (at least not according to the logistics of 'The Time Traveller's Wife', which I'm just reading).

No comments:

Post a Comment